4 pages paper
Interview a person who immigrated to the United States of America as an adult (after the age of 18 years) who is also coming from a different culture than yours. Please type your responses and answer the questions using narrative format. Please write your name on the top of the front page. No face sheet is needed. Avoid using names or initials of interviewee; give interviewee another name (imaginary name). Avoid interviewing someone from your own culture or USA military or missionary kid.
Please include age, sex, cultural background, and age when immigrated to the states. Remember interviewee should immigrate to the USA from another country as an adult and have different cultural background than yours. (4 points)
Following are some questions you need to ask the individual you are interviewing. Use the theme of the question for headings.
1. In your country, if you see your friend on the street how long would you talk to your friend? (1.5 points) How does that reflect the cultural values of the interviewee (individual) culture? (1.5 points).
2. What are your struggles living in a different culture than your own? Include health beliefs not language. (3 points)
3. How does family composition in living situation affect your cultural values (e.g. who lives at the household, roles of family members)? (3 points)
4. Name at least two cultural practices (medical practices) that are different than your own? (3 points)
5. What are the spiritual practices that are common in your main stream culture (not necessarily religious)? (3 points)
6. Who would be involved in important health care decision making? (3 points)
7. What are your beliefs regarding death and after death? (3 points)
With the interviewee, visit a restaurant that serves authentic food typical of the interviewee culture (describe your experience and response). Describe the whole experience including your feelings, atmosphere, aroma, music, cloths, and soundings (5 points).