Globalization changes the dynamics of projects and adds a layer of complexity. It can adversely affect the project outcome if the project participants are not aware of what they might encounter regarding cultural differences and multinational economic transactions.
Global projects have unique influencing factors,including:
- Currency fluctuations and exchange rates
- Country-specific work codes and regulations
- Corporate joint ventures and partnerships, creating entities with a presence and facilities in multiple countries
- Political relations between countries
- Availability of high-demand workforce skills
- Describe how a global project can be more complex than a project performed within only one country.
- How do the influencing factors, listed above, affect the successful outcome of the global project?
- Support your positions with at least one current (no older than five years) scholarly source, beyond the course materials and textbooks.