Assignment 2: Network Upgrade
Due Week 4 and worth 100 points
Imagine that you are the administrator for a small accounting company, which currently employees 200 people. The CEO announces a merger that would double the number employees to 400. Your current network design is as follows:
- 200 host machines running Windows 8 with 10/100 auto sensing NIC
- 9 Cisco Catalyst 2960 Switches (100 Mb)
- 1 Cisco Router
- Category 5 Ethernet cabling
- Class C network address (supporting 254 addresses)
Write a two to three (2-3) page proposal in which you:
- Recommend one (1) strategy to upgrade the companyâ€™s current infrastructure to support the new / additional employees.
- Recommend one (1) strategy to create a high-performance network.
- Recommend one (1) new network address that will allow you to scale your network in the event of additional mergers.
- Design the new addressing scheme for the network through the use of graphical tools in Microsoft Visio or an open source alternative such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or an equivalent such as Dia. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.