Complete one of the following options for your Week Five Assignment.
Experience the arts in your local community by attending a performance, or visiting an art museum or gallery. If you go to an art museum or gallery, choose an exhibition or one artwork to discuss for this assignment.
Write a review of your arts experience that includes a defense of the arts. Include the following:
- Write a description of the elements of composition–line, color, shape, or movement, theme, rhythm, tone, and so forth that were incorporated into the performance or artwork.
- What was the overall emotional and intellectual effect the performance or artwork had on you? What emotions did you feel? What did the experience make you think of?
- Write a summary of how you would like to see the arts made more a part of your community. Is there anything you can do to make this happen? How will you support the arts in the future?
- Include a defense of the arts that describes how the arts add value to life. How might creative expression be helpful to people?
Submit your assignment in one of the following formats:
- A 700- to 1,050-word paper
- A 6- to 9-minute podcast or video
For each option, including the podcast and video, you must include a Reference page. For a podcast/video, create your Reference page, using a minimum of 3 scholarly sources, in a Word document and upload with your other files. This page should reflect proper APA formatting.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. This means that a title page, introduction, and conclusion are present. Legitimate (not Wikipedia or About.com) scholarly references (a minimum of three) should be used and cited, including a reference page.
Imagine a scenario where you are the last surviving member of the human species and you find yourself on another planet. The people of the planet do not have performing or visual arts of any kind. Living on a planet without the arts is dull, so you have decided to explain what the arts are and why they are important.
Include a discussion of all of the following describing the elements of each:
Include one slide that discusses how the arts engage the viewer or audience.
Include at least one slide that discusses the individual’s and the community’s role in supporting the arts.
Submit your assignment as a 10- to 12-slide MicrosoftÂ® PowerPointÂ® with speaker notes. Use images as appropriate and cite your references.
You must include a Reference slide. Use a minimum of 3 scholarly sources. This slide should reflect proper APA formatting.
Format your Presentation (notes section in particular) consistent with APA guidelines. This means that a title page, introduction, and conclusion are present. Legitimate (not Wikipedia, About.com, Encyclopedias or Dictionaries) scholarly references (a minimum of three) should be used and cited, including a reference page.