You have just attended a managerâ€™s meeting about establishing self-directed, high-performing teams. The company is concerned because some of the managers are having success building self-directed, high-performing teams while others are not. A discussion occurred that identified the characteristics of the successful team building elements and compared them to those managers that have not been successful. This is a situation where those who are struggling need to learn from those who are doing well. The discussions included identifying what could be going wrong and what steps might be taken for success.
You have been asked to write a research report that summarizes the meeting and offers some recommendations that might be helpful to those managers who are struggling. Specifically, your report must include:
- Identification of the difficulties the managers may be having in establishing self-directed, high-performing teams
- Identification of the successful characteristic of establishing self-directed, high-performing teams
- Recommendations for success
- A designed plan that might help guide the struggling managers and improve negotiation and conflict resolution skills
3-4 body pages
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- TITLE PAGE. Remember the Running head: AND TITLE IN ALL CAPITALS
- ABSTRACT. A summary of your paperâ€¦not an introduction. Begin writing in third person voice.
- BODY. The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The type face should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 3-4 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- REFERENCE PAGE. References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper and lower case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference Page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation