Hello Aristotle I have another essay to write , this time it has to be a current article in the news. Below are the instructions of the assignment. note the assignment must have all questions answered and it must flow. The essay can not have more than two to three quotes.
CURRENT ARTICE ON CRIME IN THE JUSTICE SYSTEM OR OBAMA CARE
Learning Objectives Supported:
- Apply the concepts of â€œcoercive institutionâ€, â€œtotal institutionâ€, and â€œassimilating institutionâ€ to understand the roles of institutions in society.
- Compare differences in institutional forms at the national level.
- Explain how social institutions shape individuals and their life chances.
As a reflective essay the goal of this piece of writing is to encourage some self-interrogation as well as an assessment of student understanding of the initial concepts, ideas, and theories associated with the study of social institutions.
The essay should first address the following questions:
- What are the implications of the idea of institutions being â€œcoerciveâ€, â€œtotalâ€ and â€œassimilatingâ€? (Based on the readings, lectures, and discussion how might you explain the concept to somebody not in this class?)
- Based on your understanding of these (and past) concepts discussed in the course what are the major roles and functions of social institutions in human society?
- How are those roles and/or functions played out at the national level?
After addressing the above questions, your essay should include the following discussion:
- From your list of major social institutions in human society, pick one, and explain the impact of that social institution at the national level as found in a recent news article. (Remember, the Media is a social institution too). Analyze your chosen media example by explaining the function of the institution. You develop your argument regarding how the institution has performed in this specific case, consider how this chosen event and the institutional role being played has affected your community. Has the institutional action or event youâ€™ve selected had an impact on your community? Why or why not? By impacting (or not impacting) the local community is that institution having an impact on your life and life experiences? How so, or how not?
- MAJOR SOCIAL INSTITUTIONS INCLUDE : LAW AND THE JUSTICE SYSTEM, MILITARY AND THE TOTAL INSTITUTION POLITICS, POLICIES
- The essay should use only as many words as necessary, but should be less than 750 words in length (not including references).
- REFERENCE has to be in essay
- Skolnick,J.H., & Currie, E. (2007). Crisis In American Institutions (14thed.). Boston: Allyn & Bacon
- CHAPTER 38 “Wild Pitch”Three Strikes You’re Out and Other Bad Call on Crime AND 40 “Unjust Reward”