Making a Simple Motor
Watch the video below on how to build a simple motor. This is actually really neat to do so try it yourself if you want to and if you have access to the equipment. If not, just answer the questions based off of the video.
- Why does the ink on the stripped ends allow the coil to keep turning?
- What happens to the armature when current passes through it?
- What kind of energy conversion is occurring?
- What is the purpose of the magnet placed on the cup?
- Why do you coil the wire first to make the armature?