The second component of your course project is an update of your progress on the LIP project. Remember that you are expected to develop your project independently throughout the course, using the project description as a guide. At this time, you should be developing an analysis of the logistics process you identified for your project. Based on the information you have gathered, use measurements tools and techniques to demonstrate the existing process and describe the improved process you will propose.
You are not expected to have your LIP project entirely completed for this update assignment, but you are asked to submit preliminary work corresponding to each of the following elements of the final project submission:
- A problem statement â€“ Describe the issue your plan would address. Include some background on the problem. How long has the issue been occurring? How is it important to the organization? Provide relevant historical data.
- Data and measurements â€“ Use some of the following measurement tools and techniques to present the data you have gathered thus far:
- A fishbone diagram â€“ Use a fishbone diagram to examine the causes of the issue.
- A flowchart, table, or another chart â€“ You are highly encouraged to include a before-and-after flowchart or another visual representation of the existing and proposed logistics process.
- Note: You will be required to submit at least three measurement tools for the final project submission and to incorporate your findings from the tools into your plan. One of the measurement tools must be a fishbone diagram.
- Causes and effects discussion â€“ Use the data you have collected and your measurements to describe what caused the existing situation and how the issue affects the process and the organization.
- A cost-benefits summary â€“ If possible, base your cost-benefits summary on actual information. If not, base it on your anticipated information.
- A conclusionaddressing the following:
- Implications â€“ Consider what could happen if the issue continues as it isâ€”and what could happen if it is improved. What are some potential general business results? What impact might there be on business relationships? What specific results are you anticipating, at this stage of the investigation?
- Desired outcome â€“ How will resolving this issue change the process? What competitive advantage(s) will this change yield? How will it impact stakeholders? What financial benefits do you anticipate?
- Attached is the initial project improvement proposal you can use as a base to update the plan
Include at least one supporting reference to materials outside the courseâ€”ideally more than one. Use APA style and formatting for your references. Your paper should be approximately 3-4 typed, double-spaced pages in length, in addition to your data measurement tools and any additional attachments. Refer to the LIP Update scoring guide to learn how you will be assessed on this assignment.