I have 2 assignments and I would like to have them both done by 10:45 tomorrow night I know its short notice but my Grandma is very sick and I need someone that is possitive they can get it done within this amout of time. The assignments are due by 11 but I will need time to post them myself. I can’t offer much money but if you can help it would be greatly appreiate!! Thank you very much..
You have learned about the different aspects of memory in the previous modules. Language is critical not only to communicate with others but also to memory. Many memories are encoded using language. Memory is much more rudimentary when language skills are not present.
Research some of the general characteristics of language and the concept of speech acquisition in infants using your textbook, the Internet, and the Argosy University online library resources before responding to these questions:
- Researchers describe language as having six different properties. Describe the six properties. Which two properties do you think are the most important? Explain your answers with reasons.
- Jim and Sue just had a baby, and they are interested in learning more about the process of language acquisition. They have heard about the controversy surrounding the view that speech is special. Do you think speech is special or is it processed like other auditory stimuli? Explain your answer with reasons.
- Several African languages use clicks as consonants. Jim and Sue, who are English speaking, cannot hear the difference between the different types of clicks and have a difficult time learning one of these languages. If they were to move to Africa when their baby is about one-year old, do you think the baby would be able to hear the difference? Why or why not? Do you think she would hear the difference if they moved to Africa after her tenth birthday? Give reasons for your answers.
Write your initial response in 4â€“5 paragraphs. Apply APA standards to the citation of sources.
By Saturday, June 14, 2014, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Wednesday, June 18, 2014, review and comment on at least two peersâ€™ responses.
Assignment 2: Preparation for Generating a Policy Proposal
Although some states and cities have passed laws to ban texting and using handheld phones while driving, there is no current law to ban all cell phone use while driving. However, according to the National Safety Council (2009), 28 percent of all crashesâ€”1.6 million per yearâ€”are caused by cell phone use and texting by drivers. The mission of a new national nonprofit organization called FocusDriven, patterned after Mothers Against Drunk Driving, is to make phone use while driving as illegal and socially unacceptable as drunk driving. US Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood supports FocusDriven and its efforts.
According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, LaHood said that this movement would become “an army of people traveling the countryside” to push for bans on cell-phone use and tough enforcement (Schmitz, 2010). As a political advocate interested in this issue, you will be writing a policy proposal that utilizes the current research to propose a solution to the issue and submitting it in Module 5.
Annotated Bibliography: Effect of Cell Phone Use
Before you can write this proposal research, you will need to conduct initial research on the science behind this initiative. For this assignment, use the Argosy University online library resources to locate research reports from peer-reviewed journals that discuss the effects of cell phone use on vision, attention, perception, or memory. In selecting at least five research reports from peer-reviewed journals relevant to the topic, make sure they address one or more of the following issues:
- How do texting, handheld phones, and hands-free phones compare with each other in their effects on driving?
- How do other, traditional distractions compare to cell phone use in their effects on driving (such as eating, attending to children, talking to passengers, listening to music/news, etc.)?
- Can cell phone use while driving be compared with drunk driving? Why or why not?
- What other variables (such as age) can affect driving while using a cell phone?
Based on your reading of the five articles, create an annotated bibliography for each of the five sources. Each annotation should consist of the APA reference entry followed by a paragraph-long summary of the articles. In your summary, provide answers for the questions below. For the last question, think about how the research results could be generalized to fit other environments or not be generalized.
- Summarize the main ideas in the reference. What were they investigating?
- How were the studies conducted? What was the sample size? Is it appropriate?
- Were the studies conducted in the real world or was a simulated environment used?
- How might these methodological considerations affect the research findings and the conclusions drawn from them? How does this article fit in with your paper? How did it influence your own ideas about your paper?
Your annotated bibliography should be at 3 pages in length. Go to the Doc Sharing area for sample-annotated bibliography. This document will help you complete your paper more successfully.